Buying an investment property in Australia can be equal parts excitement and fear. To add on, the rules surrounding the purchase of Australian real estate by a foreigner can be fairly complex. With solid research though, you can find the experience a lot less stressful.
The NAB Australia Property Investment Guide gives you a simple overview of some key rules and policies that you should know before you buy a property in Australia, including:
- Overview of Australian government - Find out who sets out the policies for land ownership and stamp duties.
- Property titles in Australia - Did you know every piece of land in Australia has a certificate of title? Find out why?
- The rules for foreigners buying property in Australia - Find out what type of property you can buy if you are foreigner.
- FIRB approval & exemptions - It's best if you check if you need to take FIRB approval to purchase property in Australia before you make an offer.
- Finding the right property to buy - Tips to find an ideal property for you to invest in.
- Ownership structures you can consider - Have you considered alternate ways you can own property in Australia?